National Youth Leadership Training
Are You a Rising Leader? Give Your Leadership a Boost!
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is Scouting’s premiere youth leadership development program. NYLT provides Scouts and Venturers with experiences and tools for becoming great leaders. The skills learned through NYLT will benefit you as you lead in your unit and throughout your life.
What is NYLT?
- Intense, fun, hands-on, and challenging
- Develops skills such as:
- problem solving
- presentation making
- team development
- working with adults and youth
- ethical decision-making.
- Models the life of a youth-led troop using the patrol method
- Each participant has the opportunity to act as Patrol Leader.
- Patrols prepare a presentation on “The Quest for the Meaning of Leadership”
Who Should Attend?
- First Class Scout or above and must between the ages of 13 and 18 at the start of the course
- Venturers under 21 at the start of the course.
- Rising leaders who want to supercharge their leadership skills.
- Current or future Senior Patrol Leaders, Patrol Leaders, Troop Guides, etc.
- Those who can train others in their units
- Unit Leader approval is required